UCIcoach is a supervisory coaching certificate program designed to help supervisors strengthen their relationships with employees by actively engaging the supervisor's employees in individualized, high quality performance and professional development coaching.
Program Focus Areas
- Strengthen relationships with employees by actively engaging supervisors' employees in individualized, high quality performance and professional development coaching
- Provide formal and informal coaching, skill development, and feedback
- Program participants have mentors who are experienced current or retired UCI employees who are well respected for being a successful and engaging supervisor
- Opportunities for questions, applied learning, discussion, problem solving, mentorship, and networking in a supportive environment
Qualified UCI Applicants Must:
- Be a current supervisor (see definition of supervisor here) or manager with one or more employees
- Have supervisor support and approval
- Have their supervisor complete an online recommendation by the application deadline
The cost of the program is $100, which covers materials.
Payment will be made via campus recharge account, as part of the program application.
The program is an eight-month development process, divided into one coaching skill area per month for seven months with an integration and final coaching certificate completion assessment in the final month.
Time commitment is 11 to 14 hours per month, including the 8 hour classroom session.
Certificate of Completion Requirement
To receive the certificate of completion, participants must complete the entire program and demonstrate coaching competencies through post-program coaching skills application, assessment, and final report.
Each month's skill development includes:
- Pre-Session Work: Completion of online module and other assignments. (1 to 2 hours per month)
- Coaching Forum Sessions: Completion of classroom coaching practice of skill and personal style awareness activities. (8 hours per month)
- Post-Session Work: Application of learning activities with employees, participation in online coaching lab discussions, and optional one-on-one mentor sessions. (2 to 4 hours per month)
- No cost to employees
- Lunch and snacks are not provided. The cost will be the responsibility of the participant. Each session will include a one hour lunch break. Participants may bring their lunches or purchase meals from local dining options.
How to Apply
- Submit the UCIcoach Supervisory Coaching Certificate Program 2017 - Online Application by Friday, March 24
- The Applicant's supervisor must complete a UCIcoach Supervisory Coaching Certificate Program 2017 - Online Recommendation by Friday, March 24
Andrea Gaines, Learning, Development and compliance Consultant, Human Resources